Links to the Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS) Web site
The ODS encourages linking to its public Web resources. If you wish to link to the ODS Web site, please direct your link to http://ods.od.nih.gov
. If you intend to provide a description with your link, the ODS would prefer the wording:
The Office of Dietary Supplements, a part of the National Institutes of Health, works to strengthen knowledge and understanding of dietary supplements by evaluating scientific information, stimulating and supporting research, disseminating research results, and educating the public about the efficacy and safety of dietary supplements in order to foster an enhanced quality of life and health for the U.S. population.
The abbreviated description "http://ods.od.nih.gov: The Web site of the Office of Dietary Supplements" is also acceptable.
You may also link to individual pages within this site, provided that attribution is made to the ODS and any descriptive notes accurately reflect the content of the page being linked to.
How to Request a Link from the ODS Web site
ODS uses the following criteria for evaluating non-ODS Web sites:
- Is a government-sponsored or -supported Web site;
- Relates to the mission of the ODS;
- Complements and enhances the information on the ODS Web site;
- Provides credible, accurate, current, science-based information;
- Is subject to adequate procedures for the review and updating of material;
- Primarily focuses on information or educational content, rather than the promotion of a product or service;
- Adheres to adequate policies regarding external links and privacy of user data.
These criteria may change to reflect new Web policies at the ODS.
To nominate your Web site for a link from the ODS Web site, please contact us with the following information:
- Site Name
- One short sentence giving the name and mission of the site's sponsor, owner, or associated organization
- One or two short sentences describing the purpose and content of your site
- Summary of the review process you use to ensure that the information on your site is accurate, current, and of high quality
- Brief description of your policies on protecting the privacy of user data
- Brief description of your policies on linking to external Web sites
- Your contact information, including:
All submissions will be reviewed by ODS staff or external reviewers with expertise in the topic. Currently linked sites undergo periodic re-review. You will receive a decision via email in approximately 1 month.